Thursday, April 29, 2010

Traditional coconut rice( thengai sadam/ thengina anna)



When I tasted this traditional coconut rice ( would be using coconut rice hereafter), I just couldn't stop with that one, I wanted to have more. It is heavenly! Here is the recipe....

Ingredients:
cooked rice - 1 kg
grated coconut - 1/2 cup
salt for taste

For seasoning:
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
urad dal - 1 tsp
channa dal - 1 tbsp
red chillies - 4 nos
green chillies - 2 nos
curry leaves - 1 stalk
oil -6 tbsp

Method:
In a wok heat oil, splutter mustard seeds, urad dal, channa dal. When the dal start to brown add red chillies and curry leaves. Add green chillies and immediately add cooked rice ( add salt while cooking the rice). Add Salt if and only if required. Mix well. Garnish with grated coconut and mix well again. Serve hot with pickle or any spicy gravy.

Note:
For Coconut pulav click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for taking time to visit my blog. I would love to hear from you'll, so do share your thoughts. Comments boost me a lot and keeps me going. My heartfelt gratitude for all the sincere comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers