Saturday, April 17, 2010

Kothu parotta


Kothu parotta is an excellent leftover recipe. When there are some parottas left , I preserve it to prepare tasty kothu parotta(chilly parotta). Every time I prepare this recipe I remember my brother, he simply loves this. I usually try to do a little extra parottas so that I can do kothu parotta the next day. Its very simply and tasty. Here goes the recipe...
Ingredients:
Parotta - 4 nos
curry leaves - 1 stalk
Large onions - 1 nos
Tomatoes - 2 nos
green chilly - 2 nos
chilly powder - 2 tbsp
garam masala - 1 tsp
pepper powder - 1 tsp
egg - 4 nos
Shredded chicken - 200 grams
(leftover chicken can be used)
oil - 4 tbsp
salt for taste

Method:
Shred parottas and keep aside. Heat oil in a wok( kadai). Add curry leaves, finely sliced onions and fry. Now add tomatoes, green chilly and fry for 2 min or until some gravy consistancy is obtained. Add chilly powder, garam masala powder and pepper powder. Add eggs with constant stirring when its cooked, add shredded chicken, and shredded parotta. Check for salt and add as per requirement. Serve hot.

Note:
Fresh or leftover parottas can be used in this recipe. Freshly cooked chicken or leftover chicken may be used in this recipe.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rach. Excellent recipe. I always wondered what can be done with leftover chapatis. And this recipe is exactly what I was looking for. I loved that dish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Priti :) Yes, the same method can be used for chappathis also (though kothu parotta is exclusively made of leftover parotta). Also, if there is any leftover chicken, pork, prawns, etc you can always add to the recipe. Its like wealth from waste! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for taking time to visit my blog. I would love to hear from you'll, so do share your thoughts. Comments boost me a lot and keeps me going. My heartfelt gratitude for all the sincere comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers