Sunday, April 18, 2010

Spinach and tomato pasta( Indian twist)


I simply love pasta. I almost love to cook it everyday and eat all three times a day. Since I'm always using Durum wheat pasta( quite healthy), I just feel like having a second serving. I usually cook vegetarian pastas at home for me.( then I add some chicken or fish or prawns as per need of others). Though I cook quite a lot of variety of pasta like penne, gnocchi, tortiglioni, farfalle, tagliatelle, spaghetti etc... Rotini( helix shaped, not to be mistaken for fusili) as always been my favourite. This one is spinach and tomato flavoured and made from durum wheat( usually rotini is made of all purpose flour or maida). I have excluded cheese ( even cheese topping or grated cheese) and have included Indian spices. Here goes the recipe...

Ingredients:
Rotini pasta - 1 cup
chopped garlic- 2 tbsp
carrots( cut into thin strips ) - 1/2 cup
beans(juliennes) - 1/2 cup
spring onions( chopped) - 1/2 cup
chilly powder - 1 tbsp
pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
tomato puree - 1 small tin
veg stock cube - 1 nos
Oil( I prefer olive oil) - 4 tbsp

Method:
In a stew pot boil water. Add pasta to boiling water and cook for 10 min. When cooked strain using a colander and keep the pasta aside.In a wok add olive oil, chopped garlic and saute for a min. Add juliennes of carrot, beans, spring onions, chilly powder and stir fry. Now add pasta, pepper, and veg stock cube and stir for a min. Finally add tomato puree and toss for about 2 min. Pasta is now ready to be served.

Note: I have not added salt in this recipe as the veg stock cubes that I used contained salt, You'll may add salt if required.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for taking time to visit my blog. I would love to hear from you'll, so do share your thoughts. Comments boost me a lot and keeps me going. My heartfelt gratitude for all the sincere comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers