Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Meen Moli(Fish molee/moliee)


This is delicacy from kerala. It also common in Srilanka. Its tangy fish cooked along with coconut milk and lime( can add tamarind extract instead). Usually Seer fish is used in this recipe, but any other fish should also taste equally good. I used tuna fillets for this recipe. Here it goes...

Ingredients:
Fish - 750 grams
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Onions - 2 nos
Ginger- garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Tomatoes - 1 nos
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
Ginger 1 inch piece - 1 nos
Green chillies - 6 nos
Tamarind extract - 1 tbsp
Coconut milk from 1 coconut
Salt for taste
Coconut oil for cooking

Method:
Heat oil in a wok or pot add chopped onions, and stir fry till golden brown. Now add ginger-garlic paste and saute for min. Add chilly powder and turmeric powder and stir for a min. Now add chopped tomatoes and stir fry for 2 min. Add fish (I had used thawed tuna fillets), green chillies, grated ginger and continue to fry for 2 min. Add enough salt, coconut milk and cook on low heat for 30 min or till its done. Finally add tamarind extract with constant stirring and turn off the flame. Serve hot with appam, string hoppers, rice etc

Note:
Lime juice can be used instead of tamarind extract. Some people prefer to bring the coconut milk to boil then add the fish, But I prefer this way.

2 comments:

  1. Looks very tempting dear. I love to have with Ari pathiri. yUmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Suhaina :) What's Ari pathri? I know pathri ( the rotis from Kerala, either masala rice roti or flour rotis with kheema fillins etc.) I've never heard of Ari patri :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for taking time to visit my blog. I would love to hear from you'll, so do share your thoughts. Comments boost me a lot and keeps me going. My heartfelt gratitude for all the sincere comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers