Thursday, May 13, 2010

Creamy Penne rigate pasta (Healthy version)

I've always been using ragu (sauce with tomato base) in all my pastas. I somehow, always liked it spicy (with lots of Indian spices and masalas). This time, I tried something different. Penne rigate pasta with cream and mint leaves. Mint leaves may be unusual cause most of the time when I want to have pasta with pesto sauce its usually basil leaves that's there. Actually, I wanted to add parsley leaves for a change and somehow ended up with mint leaves. I had added lots of freshly ground garlic and the flavour of garlic along with the cream and mint was good enough to satisfy me that creamy pastas can be fantastic. I have not added any cheese ( keeping health in mind) but, adding cheese of your choice can make the pasta more rich and creamy. Here goes the recipe...

Ingredients:
Penne rigate pasta- 1 small cup
Cooking cream - 100 ml
Mint chopped - 1 tbsp
Garlic chopped - 1 tsp
Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Veg stock cube - 1 nos
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Olive oil - 1 tbsp
Salt for taste

Method:
Cook the pasta for 8 min or until its done in hot boiling water (use a casserole or stew pot). Strain water using a colander and keep the pasta aside. In a wok, add olive oil, when slightly hot add chopped garlic and garlic paste and saute for a min. Add the cooked pasta and give it a stir. Add veg stock cube, pepper and stir again. Turn to low heat, add cream with constant stirring. Stir until you get your required consistency, check for salt and add if needed. Finally add the chopped mint and turn off the flame. Serve hot.

Note:
Can garnish with cheese and serve. I have used cooking cream for making it more healthy, if you'll prefer your pasta to be very creamy then you'll can add rich cream or any other cream of choice along with cheese. Mint if added earlier may lose its flavour, always best to add at end.

6 comments:

  1. My son loves this version very much.The picture is drool worthy dear. Nice one. Hope u will add more of Ivoarian recipes. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Suhaina :) Sure , when I cook Ivorian food, will surely blog them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. drooling over n over dear..loved the creamy penne ..little parmesan on top...yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sanyukta :) I too love parmesan , but dint use it here :( Wanted to eat healthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the minty pasta,I don't mind skipping the cheese either :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for taking time to visit my blog. I would love to hear from you'll, so do share your thoughts. Comments boost me a lot and keeps me going. My heartfelt gratitude for all the sincere comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers