Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Healthy Salad


Salads are such healthy food and can be so satisfying for health conscious people, specially when a rich or heavy, creamy salad dressing is excluded. I always prefer my salad to be neat , healthy and tasty. So, I always try to keep the ingredients minimal and try and avoid veggies which are too conflicting. This one is a simple vegetable salad and I can have bowls and bowls of it. Here goes the recipe....

Ingredients:
Onions - 1 nos
Tomatoes - 1 nos
Cucumber - 1 nos
Lime juice - 1 tsp
Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt for taste
Olive oil - 1 tbsp

Method:
Slice the onions horizontally and separate it to get the onion rings. De seed the tomato and chop it. Cut the deseeded cucumber into thin strips with skin (can even grate them). In a mixing bowl, add all the veggies, add lime juice, pepper powder and mix well. Add the olive oil and finally add the salt. Enjoy your salad just like that or stuffed in a French bread.

Note:
Adding salt earlier can make the veggies to leave some water. Cucumber is very healthy when consumed with skin, but it should be skinned if a pregnant women is consuming this salad. If using this as stuffing in French bread , have immediately.

4 comments:

  1. will surely make this......jst one suggestion...i think Iceberg lettuce will go well in this salad...try it out once....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it will go well, Just that I'm not a big fan of lettuce, I excluded it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for taking time to visit my blog. I would love to hear from you'll, so do share your thoughts. Comments boost me a lot and keeps me going. My heartfelt gratitude for all the sincere comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers