Sunday, May 2, 2010

Chicken curry ( koli saaru/ kozhi kulumbu)




Chicken curry also known as curried chicken or curry chicken is quite common in many parts of the world. Being a big fan of Indian cuisine, I love to use all the finely selected spices and other ingredients in my recipes. Here is one...

Ingredients:
Chicken(with bones or boneless) - 1 kg
onions - 1 nos
ginger - garlic paste - 2 tbsp
chilly powder - 2 tbsp
garam masala - 1 tsp
curry leaves - 1 stalk
salt for taste
oil - 4-5 tbsp

Stir fry in 4tbsp oil for about 5 min, cool and then grind to fine paste to make the Masala:
Shallots - 1/2 cup
tomatoes - 2 nos
coconut - 1/4 cup
red chillies - 8 nos

Method:
Prepare the masala and keep it aside. In a wok, heat oil, add finely chopped or sliced onions and stir fry until its golden brown, now add ginger-garlic paste and saute for a min. Add chilly powder and stir for a min. Add the chicken, garam masala powder, green chillies, prepared masala, salt and enough water cover and cook till done. Season with curry leaves and serve hot with rice.

Note:
I prefer to prepare chicken curry along with the bones( adds taste). Chicken stock may be added instead of water. Can garnish with coriander leaves

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for taking time to visit my blog. I would love to hear from you'll, so do share your thoughts. Comments boost me a lot and keeps me going. My heartfelt gratitude for all the sincere comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers